- Organizational Behavior, 2nd Edition
■ Organizational Behavior, 2e
■ Authors : Colquitt, LePine, Wesson
■ Copyright : 2011 / McGraw-Hill
Pub Date: February 12, 2010
■ 정가 36,000 원
■ ISBN : 9780071220699
Jason A Colquitt, University of Florida
Jeffrey A LePine, University of Florida
Michael J. Wesson, Texas A&M University
The introductory section of Colquitt contains two chapters not found in the beginning of other books: Job Performance and Organizational Commitment. Why is this important? Being good at one’s job and wanting to stay with one’s employer are critical concerns for employees and managers alike.
This book takes a unique approach by highlighting the concepts of PEFORMANCE and COMMITMENT at the beginning of the book. After describing these topics in detail, every remaining chapter in the book concludes by linking that chapter’s major topic to performance and commitment. Using this approach, students can better appreciate the practical relevance of organizational behavior concepts.
■ Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction to Organizational Behavior
Ch. 1: What is Organizational Behavior?
Ch. 2: Job Performance
Ch. 3: Organizational Commitment
Part 2: Individual Mechanisms
Ch. 4: Job Satisfaction
Ch. 5: Stress
Ch. 6: Motivation
Ch. 7: Trust, Justice and Ethics
Ch. 8: Learning and Decision Making
Part 3: Individual Characteristics
Ch. 9: Personality and Cultural Values
Ch. 10: Ability
Part 4: Group Mechanisms
Ch. 11: Teams: Characteristics and Diversity
Ch. 12: Teams: Processes and Communication
Ch. 13: Leadership: Power and Negotiation
Ch. 14: Leadership: Styles and Behaviors
Part 5: Organizational Mechanisms
Ch. 15: Organizational Structure
Ch. 16: Organizational Culture
• NEW Connect Organizational Behavior with Interactives® is McGraw-Hill’s web-based assignment and assessment platform that connects you and your students to the coursework. Interactives provided for each chapter of the textbook allow students to “demonstrate” organizational behavior, stimulate critical thinking, and reinforce key concepts. Students receive immediate feedback and can track their progress in their own report. The following 6 types of Interactives were developed for Organizational Behavior based on actual book-specific content.
1. Case Video Pop-up Analysis: Case study videos are included, with 6 multiple-choice pop-up questions that appear as the video plays, to test concept and/or terminology comprehension.
2. Drag and Drop Sequencing Activity: To reinforce either chronological or multi-step processes, we provide a written overview of a topic from the text. The 8 items that represent each of the steps in the overall process are included, with the student asked to place them in order on the provided timeline. If applicable, a 2nd task will be to assign the appropriate ‘players’ to each task.
3. Prediction/Decision Generators: Students are presented with 2-3 concepts from the text and a written case study that illustrates the concepts presented. The students will then answer a series of questions to either predict what the company will do or reach a decision on a certain issue (the ‘evidence’ presented will be very concrete to ensure a clearly correct response).
4. Comprehension Multiple-Choice Activities: In order to reinforce comprehension of terminology within context, a case example from the text is included that illustrates key terms from the chapter. Students will then be provided with 6 multiple-choice questions that bridge the content from the case to the mastery of terminology
5. Chart Population: Students will be asked to categorize information by assigning items to specific fields within a chart. Students will then be asked to analyze the chart created with 6 multiple-choice questions.
6. Self-Assessments: Students will take assessments to determine their beliefs, values, and interests in a variety of areas. Then will then be given multiple-choice questions to assess the degree to which they understand their feedback.
Connect Plus OB:
McGraw-Hill reinvents the textbook learning experience for today’s student with Connect Plus OB, a seamless and dynamic integration of
an eBook and Connect OB.
For more information about Connect or Connect Plus, simply visit www.mgrawhillconnect.com, or contact your local MHHE book rep.
With an overwhelming presence in its first edition, and feedback from both reviewers and professors using the text, you will see robust updates throughout. The author team copiously updated this edition while continuing to grow the concepts and approach to OB that made it a success throughout college campuses. Delivering topics that are applicable in today’s business world, students will no doubt succeed in the business organization they will soon be entering. Therefore, it goes without saying, “To name a few” can be added at the end of each of the following three “New Sections.”
* For the complete list of content updates, please ask your McGraw-Hill sales rep.
New Concepts, Theories, or Keywords include:
Included in the second release of the Colquitt comprehensive text, just a few of the many new concepts, theories, or keywords you will find are evidence-based management, causal inference, psychological contracts, financial uncertainty, and Moral principles.
New or Expanded Sections and Coverage:
Instructors will delight in finding robust, new coverage and sections while maintaining their unique OB delivery approach, including: ethical decision-making, including individual factors (e.g., good vs. bad apples) and situational factors (e.g., good vs. bad barrels), moral principles that can be used to navigate ethical dilemmas, healthy sections on the meaning of culture and taxonomies of cultural values, an in depth discussion into faultlines, and an entirely new section on communication.
All new closing vignettes tying back to the chapter opening vignette, concisely completing learned chapter concepts, include new businesses such as Zappo’s, Harpo, Mayo Clinic, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
New Chapter Titles:
• New Chapter 11 Title: Diversity has been added to the chapter title for Teams: Characteristics and Diversity.
• New Chapter 12 Title: Communication has been added to the chapter title for Teams: Processes and Communication.
• New Chapter 13 Title: Negotiation has replaced Influence to the chapter title for Leadership: Power and Negotiation.
게시물 수정을 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.
게시물 삭제를 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.